In Part 2 of this video tutorial series, I will show you how to install WordPress so that you can create a fantastic business website using “Virtue”, a gorgeous FREE theme for WordPress, developed by Kadence themes.
WordPress is a free, Web-based software program that anyone can use to build and maintain a website or blog. WordPress is used by more than 18.9% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013.
WordPress is essentially a content-management system based on PHP and MySQL, which runs on a web hosting service. Features include a plug-in architecture and a template system.
It was originally intended as an easy way to set up a blog. But, thanks to the efforts of a large “open source” community of WordPress programmers working to extend and improve its capabilities, WordPress has become much more than just a tool for bloggers.
The main benefits of WordPress are as follows:
- Ease of use;
- Manage your website from any computer;
- No HTML editing and coding is required;
- Search Engines Love WordPress Sites
- You have control of your site;
- The design of your website is 100% customisable;
- You can start a blog straightaway;
- You can extend the your site’s functionality with thousands of WordPress plugins available;
- You can grow your site as your business grows;
- You can have multiple users and assign different access levels.
Related Articles:Create A Website – Part 3